Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has advised chairman Tony Fernandes to "get off Twitter".

Fernandes tweeted at the weekend that he had "many fans attacking me" and indicated he would be prepared to leave the club if he could not "fix" things.

Redknapp said it would be a "massive blow" if Fernandes left. "The only advice I'd give Tony is get off Twitter," he added.

24 hours of tweets from Tony Fernandes

27 January: "Many fans attacking me. Doing our best. As I said we won't stop trying. As I have said many times times I take all responsibility and will face the music."

27 January: "If I can't fix it I will be the first to go."

28 January: "Fantastic response from QPR fans. I'm a fighter so if fans want me to stay I stay whatever happens. End of subject."

28 January: "I can handle stick. Had it from prime ministers, politicians, government, airline customers. As chairman, bucks stops with me. But I will stay on and continue if fans want."

"If you don't want to know what people are saying, don't be on Twitter."

Redknapp is desperately seeking additions to his playing squad before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

QPR are bottom of the Premier League, five points from safety, and were knocked out of the FA Cup on Saturday, beaten 4-2 at home by League One MK Dons.

However, Redknapp says he is unsure whether he will be able to bring in his top targets after likening the transfer window to "gang warfare", with agents attempting to "scupper" one another.

"It's scary," he said. "If you have got a deal, another agent will try to scupper that deal if he's not involved in it. They're all fighting for big money."

QPR's exit from the FA Cup prompted criticism of Fernandes, 48, from some frustrated fans.

But the Malaysian appeared to commit his future to the club on Monday when he tweeted:  "Fantastic response from QPR fans. Good chat with Harry. I'm a fighter so if fans want me to stay I stay whatever happens. End of subject. Thank you all."

However, Redknapp is clearly no fan of Twitter and would rather his chairman came off it.

"If you want to spend your whole life looking at what people are saying about you, you'll end up paranoid," he said.

"We'll all end up worrying and not sleeping at night."