Sunday 28 July 2013

Santi Cazorla not leaving Arsenal for Atletico Madrid - Telegraph.co.uk

Atletico's most significant signings this summer have been Leo Baptistao, who joined for around €7m (£6m) from Rayo Vallecano, and David Villa, who arrived from Barcelona for an initial €2.1m (£1.8m).

Although Cazorla stressed he was not about to link up with his Spain team-mate Villa at the Calderon, he said he was pleased for him.

"I'm very happy for Villa, because he had a difficult year with Barcelona due to his injury [a broken leg he suffered in December 2011], but now he's got another chance to shine again," he said.

And he declared to work extra hard this year for Arsenal so he can be guaranteed a place in Spain's squad for next year's World Cup in Brazil, after missing his country's triumph in South Africa due to a back injury.

He said: "I still have unfinished business in the World Cup after missing the last one because of my back. I really want to experience a World Cup, so I have to have a great year with Arsenal. I hope this year is even better than the last."

(Edited by Giles Mole)

No comments:

Post a Comment