Monday 22 October 2012

Andre Santos affirms Arsenal commitment amid Galatasary rumours - Goal.com

Andre Santos has affirmed his desire to stay at Arsenal amid reported interest from Galatasaray.


The Brazilian full-back only arrived at the Emirates from Turkish side Fenerbahce in the summer of 2011 but, after losing his place in the side to Kieran Gibbs, has been linked with a move to his former side's rivals Galatasaray in the January transfer window.

However, the 29-year-old, who started Arsenal's 1-0 defeat at Norwich on Saturday after Gibbs was ruled out through injury, has confirmed his desire to stay in London.

"There were some rumours that my name was involved in this possible comeback [to Turkey]," Santos told Arsenal Player.

"I had people asking me on Twitter and even players from Fenerbahce asking if it was true, but I am very happy here at Arsenal and I hope to stay here at Arsenal for a long time.

"I have a contract and I am very happy here, not only at Arsenal but in London too, it is a great city. The Arsenal fans are amazing, this is a great club, and I hope to stay here for a good while.

However, Santos did admit to having difficulties coming to terms with not being a first-team regular under Arsene Wenger, which has had repercussions on his place in the Brazil international setup with a World Cup on home soil on the horizon.

"Of course it is hard [when you are not playing]," Santos added.

"At every club I've been at I've always played regularly. It is difficult to be on the bench, but we are a team, we are doing well and I'll just keep on working hard so I can be back on the pitch regularly.

"In life you always find competition and this competition exists but it is only on the pitch and this is good for the team.

"Kieran is an exceptional player, and I know I have qualities too. This is a very healthy competition, we're always talking about it between us before and after training. Kieran is a good friend and I respect the hard work he puts in every day and I know he feels the same way about me.

"I believe that whoever is better at the moment will keep on playing and it's the manager's choice. However, he will always give opportunities to all the players."

No comments:

Post a Comment