By Liv Lee

|

There's a lot of discussion going on at Arsenal over Theo Walcott's contract, but one player they don't have to worry about is their goalkeeper Wojciech Szcz?sny.

The Polish footballer has made it clear that no amount of money or promises of trophy wins would make him turn his back on the London side.

And he's particularly offended by the idea of moving to Tottenham.

Szczesny would like to emulate the career of Paul Scholes and stay true to one club

Loyal: Szczesny would like to emulate the career of Paul Scholes and stay true to one club

'I couldn't play [for Spurs] — never ever!,' he told The Sun. 'I can't imagine any circumstances which could force me to play there. There are some things you can't do in your life.'

Szcz?sny insisted that even a massive pay rise would not see him move to the rival club, and that his ambition is to become a stalwart at Arsenal rather than chase trophies with other teams.

'I have an ambition to have a contract like that at Arsenal. I have a lot of respect for players like Paolo Maldini and Paul Scholes, who spent their entire careers with one club. I dream about the same.'

'I hope in 14 years we'll speak about my two decades at Arsenal. I know we haven't won any trophies recently but I can't change clubs because of that. I just must work even harder to help us win trophies.'


The comments below have not been moderated.

He's our best player. The only consistent one!

Keep playing well and you'll be sold off.

He's a world class keeper. Said no one...ever.

Szczesny is an absolute legend. With the right guidance and attitude, he has what it takes to be the best GK in the BPL if not all of Europe.

What a poorly written article

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.