Monday 11 March 2013

Arsenal now behave in a 'different way', says former midfielder Edu - The Guardian

Edu, the former Arsenal midfielder, believes the current owners of the London club behave in "a different way" from the hierarchy for whom he played in north London but has backed his former manager, Arsène Wenger, to ride out the current storm and prosper again.

The Brazilian, who is now the director of football at Corinthians, won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups in a four-year spell with Arsenal. Indeed, his last appearance for the club before joining Valencia was as a substitute when they beat Manchester United on penalties in the 2005 FA Cup final, the last occasion on which Arsenal have claimed silverware.

Since then Stan Kroenke has assumed control of the club and the ethos appears to have changed. "They have changed the way they manage the club," said Edu. "I'm very far away but I know they sold to the American guys and they have a different way, I think. I will always support Arsenal. I am always watching and I want to see them on the top because they're a massive club and I love the fans there.

"But of course Wenger can be the man to [instigate a revival]. He is a fantastic manager. You can't say anything bad about him when you see what he did for Arsenal since he arrived. They won some fantastic titles and moved to a massive stadium. I am a big fan of Arsène Wenger and I hope he returns them to the top."

No comments:

Post a Comment