Sunday 17 March 2013

Peter Odemwingie uses Twitter to lash out at West Bromwich Albion again - The Guardian

The West Bromwich Albion striker Peter Odemwingie has again hit out at his club on his Twitter account, accusing them of "threatening to ruin [his] career" by keeping him on the substitutes bench.

Odemwingie first criticised West Brom amid confusion following his attempted move to QPR in the January transfer window on 31 January, a move labelled as "total lunacy" by his manager Steve Clarke. He was fined for his outburst but has since appeared four times for the club, including Saturday's match against Stoke when he came on as a 67th minute substitute. However, on Sunday he again took to the social media site.

"Keeping me on the bench now is worst than what they did on the 31st. New advisers told me to take say its all my fault cos its better [f]or me," he tweeted.

"If they like they shouldn't even give me 10 mins to play. Threatening to ruin my career? Career I closed already last summer? No harm to me," he added.

"Want to treat me like an average player. The abuse and praise I get is it average ? So get some extra from me too," he also tweeted. "Former Albion sporting director in the presence of the new and Manager apologised to me in private. Publicly not good ? Come under my cloud

"Drive was lunacy ? Missing in the training section that day also lunacy ? They forgot to complain about that though cos they knew were I was

"Things have almost got back to normal till Peter spoilt it again. What's normal ? We see things differently obviously.

"Has anyone seen me give interview to clubs website for a year now ? What about an interview in match day magazine ? I am on my own there"

In January, Odemwingie turned up at Loftus Road on transfer deadline day expecting to sign, but was barred from the stadium. He had submitted a transfer request at The Hawthorns but when it was rejected he tweeted his frustration. However, a deal with QPR looked set to happen, with Albion taking Junior Hoilett on loan in part-exchange, only for the QPR forward to refuse to move.

Odemwingie accepted unspecified disciplinary action against him from West Bromwich Albion after a series of tweets about the club and his attempt to force a move.

"I understand how my actions have been viewed and want to apologise to the club and our supporters for any distress I have caused," said Odemwingie afterwards. "I want to reassure everyone at the club and our fans that I will continue to give my all whenever I am selected. We have enjoyed a good season so far and I aim to play my part in keeping the club as high up the table as possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment