The oft-injured French international has showed glimpses of his talents when fit, and this was one of those occasions. Here, cutting in from the left of midfield, he unleashes an unstoppable drive. That was in his second season at the club, six years ago. He has only scored another 13 times in that period.
9. Cristiano Ronaldo (Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United, Champions League, May 2009)
Already 1-0 up at the Emirates, the Portuguese lines up a free-kick after 10 minutes from more than 35 yards out. Clive Tyldesley in commentary says: "It's too far out for Ronaldo to think about it ... ahhh! Absolutely sensational!" With his unique style the midfielder cracks the ball, at a tremendously lick, past Almunia's left hand.
8. Cristiano Ronaldo (Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United, Champions League, May 2009)
In the same game as above, after an hour, Ronaldo starts an incredibly fast counter attack inside his own half. He backheels to Ji-Sung Park, who steers it left to Wayne Rooney. The Englishman then rolls the ball centrally where a racing Ronaldo finishes neatly, sealing United's place in the Champions League Final.
7. Robin van Persie (Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland, Premier League, October 2007)
Dutch striker van Persie arrows in a brilliant free-kick with his left foot. It's from just outside the area, after Grant Leadbitter had bundled over Mikel Arteta, and is hit with tremendous power into the top left-hand corner of the Sunderland goal to open the game's scoring.
6. Lukas Podolski (Arsenal 2-0 Montpellier, Champions League, November 2012)
German international Podolski's goal is a wonderful thing to marvel at - a rocketing volley in the Champions League, after a clever give-and-go pass to Olivier Giroud.
5. Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal 3-0 Tottenham, Premier League, October 2009)
The former Arsenal captain isn't known for his mazy dribbles, but against the Gunners' north-London foes he slices through their middle before an ice-cool finish.
4. Samir Nasri (Arsenal 5-0 Porto, Champions League, March 2010)
Before Aaron Ramsey there was Samir Nasri. Here the French international takes on Porto's defence single handedly in the Champions League. And wins.
3. Andrey Arshavin (Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona, Champions League, February 2011)
That man Nasri was the star of this move again. He is found on the right with the Barca defence playing a high line. He bears down on the visitors' goal before cutting back and cleverly picking out Russian Arshavin on the edge of the box. The midfielder neatly threads his right-footed shot into the left of Victor Valdes' goal.
2. David Bentley (Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham, Premier League, October 2008)
The former-Arsenal graduate, playing for rivals Tottenham in the north-London derby, cracks a 50-yard dipping volley into the back of the net. The winger's strike set in motion an incredible 4-4 draw.
1. Robin van Persie (Arsenal 1-1 Everton, Premier League, December 2011)
Here the Arsenal captain was at his very best for the Gunners. This volley, laced with his left foot after the ball dipped over his right shoulder, came against Everton on the club's 125th anniversary.