Monday 25 February 2013

Liverpool striker Borini looking forward to returning from injury - Goal.com

Liverpool striker Fabio Borini has revealed he will be back to first-team action sooner rather than later and is eyeing a Boxing Day return.

The Italy international suffered a foot injury that required surgery in October and has not kicked a ball since.


But the 21-year-old has declared he feels "strong" on the comeback trail, and is happy to continue "working hard" until he can return to play a further part in the Reds' season.

"I'm quite good now - working hard every day," Borini told Liverpool's official website.

"The foot is very good and on Monday I see the surgeon to sort out the screws and see if they are taken out or not. On 26 December, I'll be back in Liverpool.

"I feel strong, I'm working a lot on the other muscles. I'll start working on my ankle and foot, which is better, and my calf is a lot better. The foot always responds very well so that's confident."

Meanwhile, Borini also aired his views about Liverpool's progression in Europe, stating his preference to face Italian opposition once more.

Liverpool's last two visits to Italy have resulted in 1-0 away wins, against Inter in 2010 and Udinese on Thursday night.

The former Chelsea and Roma striker, who only played 28 minutes in the group stages of the Europa League this season, said: "It's always special when I'm back in Italy to see my team play. I feel a little bit sad watching my teammates play but I'll support them.

"I'll be able to play and it will be a great experience for us as a young team for Liverpool to be one of the last teams in Europe. We could meet Italian teams, which would be great."

No comments:

Post a Comment