Sunday 13 October 2013

Arsenal's Mesut Ozil almost joined Barcelona - Daily Star

"Mesut Ozil could have joined Barcelona for £7m"

The 24-year-old has started brightly for the Gunners, helping them reach the Premier League summit after seven matches and living up to his reputation as king of the assist.

Earlier this week Ozil praised Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, stating his faith in the Frenchman's ability to end the north London side's trophy drought.

He said: "I feel great in London, the coach trusts me and the team is fully behind me. I feel very, very well there.

"I can only say that he [Wenger] is a great coach who knows exactly what he wants and has a clear vision. We need a coach like that if we want to be successful.

"London is an interesting city to live in. I have grown to love this place in such a short space of time."

No comments:

Post a Comment