Saturday 7 September 2013

Steven Gerrard: my dream is to manage Liverpool after retirement - Telegraph.co.uk

"I remember speaking to Jamie Carragher and he really fancied it but he's decided media is what he wants to do," said Gerrard. "I want to stay in the game. If I'm good enough, if Liverpool came, I'd love to do that. It would be a dream to get that opportunity."

Gerrard admitted that he had constantly been trying to learn from his managers with a view to becoming a coach himself.

"I've been studying all the managers since I was a young age, the sessions they do and the tactics, making notes on things, because I love the game," he said. "When my playing days are over I'd love to stay involved. Whether that's a coach or manager, I'll start my coaching badges."

Gerrard, though, has benefited in recent years from a specially tailored training programme that has focused heavily on his recovery between matches. He played 52 matches last season for England and Liverpool.

"I want to play on for as long as I can, but I want to contribute and still have a say on the pitch," said Gerrard. "I've felt great for the last few years. That's down to the Liverpool and England medical staffs, altering my recovery programmes for games."

No comments:

Post a Comment