Monday 22 April 2013

Geri Halliwell: I was scared of being judged on Twitter - The Sun

GERI Halliwell admits she was reluctant to join Twitter – because she was terrified of being mocked and judged.

The former Spice Girl is now a committed member of the micro blogging site, posting frequent messages and snaps.

But the singer, 40, resisted signing up for it for ages, fearing she'd be pulled apart by users.

However, Geri has revealed she bit the bullet and finally created an account when she decided to make changes in her sheltered life.

She blogged: "I felt resistant to things out of my comfort zone like social media, I was the last Spice to join Twitter.

"I felt overwhelmed, fearful, I didn't want to participate, I wanted to protect myself from judgement, but in doing so I was missing out on a lot of fun.

"Who was I fooling? Certainly not myself, not any more... But something has changed in me, I realised how insulated and stuck I had become...

"Twitter is my new playground, it's so liberating to be silly, foolish, to not care if I look like a silly cow."

No comments:

Post a Comment