Monday 22 April 2013

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard admits he over stepped the mark with ... - Telegraph.co.uk

"But it wasn't my intention to disrespect Everton or Stoke for that matter and I certainly didn't intend any disrespect to their manager or players.

"I have the utmost respect for David Moyes and Tony Pulis and the job they have done at their respective clubs.

"My main issue was with the goal that wasn't given and that Liverpool did not get the three points I felt we deserved in what was a fantastic derby match."

Earlier, Everton's Phil Jagielka had brushed off the long ball jibes, which were also made by Sir Alex Ferguson in August.

"It does make you chuckle, but Stevie is saying things like that then there must be a reason behind it which must be that we are doing something well," said Jagielka.

"If Stevie says we play long ball then I'm not going to deny it. Do we play them for the full 90 minutes? No. But we play quite direct.

"We don't believe in passing it around for half an hour for the sake of it. We won't change the way we play."

No comments:

Post a Comment